LIEAP funds help households that are vulnerable due to heating costs and who pay a separate heating bill.
If you are approved for heating assistance, LIEAP will pay:
- $200-$400 one-time vendor payment for households with a primary heating source that is fuel oil, kerosene or LP gas. (Depending on income)
- $200 one-time vendor payment for households that use electricity, natural gas, wood or coal as the primary heat source.
LIEAP funds are limited and approval is based on the availability
December 3 – January 31: Households must include a person who is age 60 or older OR disabled and working with Adult Services.
February 1 – March 31: Application dates for all other households as long as funds are still available.
Visit the Eblen Charities office at 50 Westgate Parkway. Items to bring with you:
- Photo ID
- SS card for all in household
- Prior month’s verification of income (check stub, bank statement, Social Security letter, tax return)
- Bill (Must be in client’s name. If not, must have note saying client is responsible for paying bill.)